At the heart of Cross View Youth Ministry is the desire we have to help students become fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ. One way that we do this is to help equip them with Spiritual Habits that they can use on their own to develop and deepen their relationship with their Lord and His Church.
16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
2 Timothy 3:16-17 (NIV)
Often when we we gather we remind ourselves of this very important verse.Followed by the familiar refrain: “Jesus said it—I believe it—’nuf said!”
This simple call to take the Bible at its word leads to our call to develop “Spiritual Habits.”I firmly believe our core statement about HABITS:
“Who we are is determined by the grace and gifts of God we have been given, the habits we develop, and the commitments we make.”
Having taught and shared the HABITS with students and families for several years I have tweaked them since we first shared them. For those of your new to the Spiritual HABITS or need a refresher, the newly HABITS:
- Hang Time With God—connecting to God through devotion & prayer
- Accountability with other believers—connecting with faith filled peers
- Bible Memorization/Study—Taking time to memorize and Dig Deep
- Involvement in the local church—Serving Christ/connecting with a church
- Tithing—recognition of the many blessings of God and our response
- Share Christ—Be Salt & Light in your community and confess Christ to others